Google for Nonprofits provides a full set of products that are designed to help charities grow. Google Grants is one of the most beneficial of those products. Charities receive $10,000 a month in free advertising via Google’s AdWords program. Once eligible, chartities maintain their eligibility by actively managing their Google AdWords account.
How does Google for Nonprofits Work?
Google for Nonprofits is the umbrella program that contains AdWords for Nonprofits, better known as Google Grants. This program is only available to nonprofits based in the United States. It provides approved charities with $10,000 per month that needs to be spent using Google’s AdWords pay-per-click (PPC) ads. AdWords advertisements are the sponsored ads you see at the top of every search page when you conduct a Google search. When you perform your Google AdWords management, you’ll have to do some keyword research and write ads for relevant keywords so when people do Google searches using those same keywords, they want to click on your ad and arrive to your website.
Your charity might not be very visible in Google’s organic search results. When someone does a search using keywords that are relevant to your charity, your organization may not even be visible in the top five pages of results. Your organization might as well not even exist. Google AdWords and PPC advertising dramatically increases your chances of being discovered. More website traffic means more visibility on the internet, which also means more donations and more volunteers. If you use PPC advertising correctly, you can achieve some excellent results with your marketing.
Your organization must be listed as a charity within your jurisdiction. For example, in the United States a company must have a 501(c)(3) status in order to be considered a charity. You don’t have to be based in the United States to apply for, or be approved in the Google Grants program. Google lists country-specific requirements on the Google Grants website.
How to Apply
Before applying to Google Grants, you have to apply for Google for Nonprofits status. You can do that here. Afterwards, you can apply to the Google Grants program. Google has other programs that might be of interest to your organization, such as the Google Apps for Nonprofits program. They also have YouTube for Nonprofits and the Google Outreach program.
Google Grants was started in 2003 and gives qualified charities $10,000 of free Google AdWords advertising each month. Once your charity is approved for a Google Grants account, it will continue to receive the grant for an indefinite period of time. The only requirement is that you actively maintain your Google AdWords account each month.
How Does Google Grants Work?
When your charity is accepted to be part of the Google Grant program, it will receive a monthly AdWords budget of $10,000. That amount has to be spent on Google pay-per-click (PPC) search advertisements. PPC ads are the sponsored ads you see at the top of the page whenever you do a Google search. They are the first couple of websites listed above the regular listings. You’ll be able to select relevant keywords that apply to your charity and write short ads that entice people to click on the ad. Your ad will show in the search results every time someone does a search using the keywords you selected as relevant to your charity.
Benefits of Google Grants
Normally it might be difficult for you to be seen in Google’s search results. There are many charities out there and yours may not be very visible on Google. PPC ads instantly help you overcome that problem. Your charity will be listed at the very top of Google’s search results. A $10,000 monthly budget will provide massive exposure for your charity if you conduct the PPC management correctly. This exposure can help increase the public’s awareness of your charity and help incredibly with fundraising and volunteering. If you’re not sure that it’s right for your charity, keep reading to learn more about the benefits of Google Grants.
Google Grants Eligibility
In order to be eligible to apply for the Google Grants program, your business must be registered as charitable. That means your organization must be filed as a 501(c)(3) business in the United States and in Canada, it must be registered as a charity under the Canadian Tax Act. There are various other requirements. Your best option is to get a list of country-specific requirements on the Google Grants website.
Google Grants Application Process
You’ll have to go through Google for Nonprofits first if your charity is based in the United States. Charities located in all other countries should find the country-specific list of requirements can be found on the Google Grants website. Find out more about the application process here. If you’re interested in getting started with Google Grants, schedule a free consultation today by filling out the contact form below!
Charities that are in the Google Grants program receive $10,000 monthly in free advertising via Google’s AdWords program. It’s a great opportunity for nonprofit organizations. If you’d like to register your charity for Google Grants, we provide a free consultation to help you determine the eligibility of your organization. We can also help you learn more about the Google Grants program and help you navigate the application process. We also assist approved charities by providing guidance in activating and setting up their program.
Google Grants Benefits
1) Free marketing – Google Grants offers charities a whopping $10,000 a month in free online PPC advertising. There is no set end date for the grant. Approved charities only have to maintain active Google AdWords Management.
2) Increased awareness – Advertising online with a service such as Google AdWords lets you target specific keywords. The program allows you to target a specific market and helps to efficiently increase the public’s awareness of your organization.
3) People perform over 3 billion Google searches every day! This gives your charity an incredible opportunity to build its online presence.
4) More effective fundraising – Using your website and the increased traffic generated by using Google’s AdWords program will help those who wish to contribute to your cause.
5) Immediate impact on your search standings – Google Grants can help you immediately increase your standings in Google’s search results. You’ll be at the top of related search results, making your charity much more visible and increasing web traffic considerably.
6) More volunteers – More awareness of your charity and more traffic to your website will help generate more volunteers to help with your cause.
Running a successful Google AdWords campaign can be time consuming, especially if you are new to Google’s AdWords program. If you are unfamiliar with the system, it can take valuable time to learn how to use it. We have years of experience and have been certified as AdWords specialists. We can help you get the most out of your $10,000 free PPC budget and grant. Less tech-savvy organizations or charities without enough staff to help out can gain considerable benefit from having trained professionals do their PPC management.
Google Grants Management Benefits
- Save valuable time – Google AdWords management can be very time consuming. We’ll handle all of that work for you so you can devote your time and attention to your charity.
- Regular reporting – We’ll send you regular monthly performance reports so you know exactly how your grant is being spent and how effective the AdWords campaigns are. We’ll customize each report to your desired level of detail.
- Improve performance – Working with Google Grants is our business. We are certified AdWords specialists and we apply our knowledge and expertise so that you can get greatest benefit from your grant.
- Google Grants and Google AdWords experts – We are Google Certified Partners and specialize in help charities get the most out of their Google Grants funds.
- Less expensive alternative – Compared to hiring someone full time in-house, we are a cost-effective way to have Google AdWords management.
For any pay-per-click (PPC) campaign to be effective, it requires constant keyword research, evaluation and testing. There is also a considerable amount of PPC management that goes into any campaign to make sure that funds are being spent as efficiently as possible. At SEMtastic, you tell us how much you want to spend on your Google AdWords campaigns and we’ll make sure you get the maximum return on your investment via our pay-per-click (PPC) services. Our PPC management is made up of experts who’ll make sure you see impressive results.
Want to take your Google Grants Adwords Campaign to the next level? Then get in touch today!